Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tactical Error for Nas-Track #3 Race [VIDEO]


NAS-Track Race 3 Madison Sprint from Nick on Vimeo.

I wish I could say I did as well as last weekend during Friday's Nas-Track Madison race, but I just didn't have it in me. The Gatorade wasn't seeping out of me in florescent colors like all of the athletes on the commercials. What did I do wrong during the second to last lap?

Even though I felt like crap--some sort of graevard shift hangover--I still should have come around Cody in the neon jersey. I forgot that it was the second to last lap. If I would have played it smart, after catching Cody, I would have kept going to set Brendan up for a lead in the sprint. I made moves like this during the Three day making for a rewarding experience. Last night was just humbling. I was reminded that our bodies don't always work like we would like them to and that sometimes you actually need to think in racing; lesson learned.

2 comments:

John Z said...

Hey you have a blog

Doug said...

Make an update. You doing Ada?