Friday, September 19, 2008

What To Do?


Only one week into the off season, I'm pacing around my house. What to do. After nursing clinical rotations today, I attempted to take a nap. Sounds of house-mates stomping around with their bags and mountain bikes deterred this effort. I couldn't help but wish I was leaving town for the collegiate mountain bike race in Kentucky. But I know better.

I'm taking two weeks off in preparation for the preparation phase of training. As a result of rest, I felt obligated to do something related to biking this evening. For the first time, I watched " A Sunday in Hell." I was taken aback by the raw footage and classical, diminished toned music surrounding this film of suffering. I've been inspired again.

Fleeting thoughts of this season are overtaken by goals and dreams of the coming season and beyond. I seem to have unlimited ideas. Let's just hope all of this preoccupied energy and thinking feeds the few races coming in the mountain bike and cylcocross season. The off-season truly is short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try "Stars and Water Carrier" An oldie (even before my time) but a goodie!